Welcome to the Aria!

 Hello &

For quite some time now I've contemplated the thought of starting a blog that focuses on the trials, triumphs, and general shenanigans surrounding my personal experience in balancing life with being (or attempting to be) an author (self-published, in this case). I've endured quite a bit throughout my life, but found that pursuing one of my dreams of becoming an author brought its own sense of accomplishment, but also weariness, that I wasn't entirely expecting to confront.

I believe a lot of times when aspiring writers contemplate becoming a "published authors", there's a certain level fantasy that ends up blinding us to the reality of the hardships that we face down the road of this dream (most of which are self-inflicted/experienced). There are literally moments where despite our skills - or confidence in them - we will find ourselves doubting our abilities and whether or not they are actually good enough to garner attention and recognition. 

The reality of being a writer - and becoming a published one, at that - is that the road is complex and self-reflective in virtually every way you can imagine. It is my hope that by detailing my experiences, it will offer some joy, some insight, and even some encouragement to someone out there.

So, stay tuned for my shenanigans!

Now, some basic information about me (I'll share more details later):

Name: Shekinah
Age: 30
Sex: I is a lady (and a proudly crazy one)
Race: African American
Genres I'll be writing: Fiction (currently working on a piece due for release Summer 2022)
Genres I've currently written: Nonfiction (autobiography, faith based)
Platform: Amazon Author

I hope you will find yourself within this blog.

With love, and until next time Sugahs,

Shekinah Nightingale



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Author's Reality

An Aria of Self-Reflection: